: Call for Artists!!!
EAC member, Jerry Williams, is offering a great opportunity to our EAC membership with an Homage to Oregon.
Jerry is hoping to publish a 40- 50 full page, 8.5 x 11 inch portfolio of illustration of Oregon in a landscape format. This book will be featuring art of scenic landscapes by our members. This will be in tandem with a novella of 20,000 words that Jerry has authored entitled, “St. Bartholomew’s Retreat”.
The paintings are not necessarily illustrations of the novella and will be selected by Jerry. Each artist will be fully credited in the caption, with artist contact and again on an index page listing all of the illustrations, sizes and artist contact information.
1. Your application of work to be juried into this publication needs to be submitted on a CD in a high resolution (minimum of 200 – 300 dpi preferred) as jpeg, tiff or pdf format.
2. Entries must be of landscapes in Oregon, horizontal or vertical.
3.Each entry must be identified by place and title of work and artist name and medium, finished size of work and if available in prints or original, and artist contact email. All mediums acceptable except photography.
4. Prefer submissions that are outside of the picture postcard genre.
5. Wanting all parts of Oregon represented, i.e., coastal, interior valley, Western and Eastern ranges.
6. Images don’t have to be recent work.
7. Deadline for entry is August 1st, 2018.
Five copies of St. Bartholomew’s Retreat will be available at EAC to check-out and must be returned in one week.
There’s your challenge and I look forward to helping to make this wonderful opportunity happen for all of you wanting to participate.