The 2018 Dotty & Frank Light Family ~ Youth Art Camp
Art Instructor Position
About the Emerald Art Center
The Emerald Art Center has been serving the Springfield area for over 60 years. Our vision is to encourage a community that engages in and celebrates the arts, experiencing the joys of creative expression and communication. Recently, we’ve expanded our focus toward youth education, working to provide a solid foundation of artistic skills.
This position is ideal for someone who is looking to add to their existing art teaching/instruction experience. We are looking for people who do not only bring technical skill and execution to their work, but also have a desire to engage in conversation about the importance of an artistic practice and the benefits of arts education.
Please possess the following attributes:
- Prior history of art instruction
- Prior history of working with middle and high school students
- A passion for sharing artistic skills and ways of thinking
- Willingness to work with the Camp Project Coordinator to establish an agreed upon curriculum
- Professionalism when interacting with the public, students, staff and faculty.
Art Camp Details/Information
The Dotty & Frank Light Family Youth Art Camp was created for Springfield middle and high school students. Please note that there is flexibility with your scheduled hours/instruction time.
The camp will be held for two weeks:
- 4 hours per day (1:00 pm to 5:00 pm) on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Middle School Students – July 9th through the 19th
- High School Students – August 6th through the 16th
- $15 – $18 per hour, depending on experience
Deadline to submit your resume is May 11, 2018
Please provide a resume and cover letter to:
Emerald Art Center
Attention: Madison Skriver, Camp Project Coordinator
500 Main Street, Springfield, OR 97477